how many hours can work as a student
by Sangeeta Lama
I have a query about placement for overseas nursing programme. I am on a Tier 4 student visa. As a student how many hours can work as a student and how many hours should I do the placement per week?
Hoping to hearing from you soon.
Hello Sangeeta Lama,
Thanks for contacting us regarding the number of hours that a student can work.
I take it that you are currently holding the adult student Tier 4 (General)visa to study here in the UK.
The UKBA (Home office have this to say regarding work on Tier 4 student visa:
"Working while you are in the UK
During your stay, you will be allowed to:
* work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during term-time;
* work full-time during vacations;
* do a work placement as part of your course;
* work as a postgraduate doctor or dentist (if your course of study is a recognised Foundation Programme); and
* be a student union sabbatical officer for up to two years" - from the UKBA website.
I hope this answers your query.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have any further query.
The Get UK JObs Team