Infrastructure Support Engineer
(London United Kindom)
Our client is recognised by international companies and others, who are leaders in their fields, as a primary partner due to their ability to innovate and are therefore winning projects typically reserved for the largest Microsoft Partners or Media Agencies.
From the highest-end luxury brands, international think-tanks, event management companies to some of the most interesting of manufacturing companies around today. Each project is designed specifically for the client, always pushing the boundaries of what is possible. They are looking for Infrastructure Support Engineer in the London area.
The role will be technically and operationally diverse, with liaison between suppliers, clients, management, support staff, and operational colleagues. The primary function will be to support client’s technical operations, and bill hours assigned to this support. The role should be developed to a view of running an operational unit consisting of more junior engineers and technicians that report to yourself.
Client support will involve core functions, but will cover advising their clients in technology and relating services, with a view to revenue sourcing for our client and within the limitations of your Employment Contract.Functional Responsibilities
• Remote Helpdesk : Monitor helpdesk requests from clients and operations team, providing solutions to the issues remotely or onsite. Entering Billed Hours as per clients contract. Updating knowledge base on job completion if required.
• Onsite Support : Provide clients onsite support as per client contract, liaising with other team members and adhering to client Service Level Agreement.
• Site Installation: Gather pre-installation information, prepare technical documentation, installation items and pricing for client services quotes, liaise with third party provisioning teams, clients, and colleagues, schedule installation with project management tools. Provide Implementation Plan and Client Sign-Off documentation for Co-Coordinator pre- and post-installation checks
• Research and Development: To research and test new systems and technologies in-house, and onsite with clients when authorised.
• Training: Training will be provided by yourself to colleagues and staff, and clients. Additionally, training will be provided on new systems. All costs of exams undertaken to support the role will be paid as part of your expense account.
• In-house Systems: to help implement and maintain our client’s internal operations. Deliverables
• Short-Term – To develop the Support Operations of our client
• Medium-Term – To either develop management skills and supervise a Support Team or develop technical skills to become a Senior Engineer with a specialisation
• Long-Term – Management Path – To develop skills to manage an implementation team or BAU Support Team (Helpdesk or Onsite)
• Long-Term – Technical Path – To specialise in a key field (Such as CRM, Infrastructure, Telephony, Security, etc.) and provide Presales Technical or Consultation to clients for major projects.
• Ultimately - To share in guiding our client strategy to a Tech Track 100 company within 3 years.
Education: Preferably Graduate within Technology field, with professional certifications in Microsoft and others. Skills
• Desirable: IP Routing, Firewall Configuration, Office 2003/2007, Dell Hardware, VoIP (Asterisk, Cisco, Polycom, Snom, Trixbox), Sharepoint, iPhone, Windows Mobile, RIM/Blackberry Enterprise, AutoCAD, Acrobat Technologies, Multifunctional Devices (Ricoh, Canon, etc.)
• Required: Windows XP/2007, Windows Server 2003/08, Windows Small Business Server 2003/08, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/07/10 and several of the above.Experience
Several years experience within a client facing role using several of the technologies required, preferably within AEC, Media or Legal specialisations.Salary
is £25,000 - £33,000pa Basic + OT
If you would like to be considered for this role, send updated CV to Belinda@recruitment-boutique.com