by boutique recruitment
Our client is a fast growing and profitable commercial vehicle and trailer manufacturing company based in the North West.
They design and manufacture a range of dry goods trailers, rigid body conversions and van conversions supplying major fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers.
Their business is growing rapidly together with on-going investment in production infrastructure and capacity and they are looking for a hands on production supervisor to provide day to day production line supervision.
KEY OBJECTIVES – PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Production Manager you will supervise and lead day to day activities on a production line operating in a cell structure. Each production cell consists of a cell leader with additional skilled and semi skilled operatives.
The supervisor will ensure coordination of work cells to maintain productivity across the whole line. They operate with lean manufacturing systems and the supervisor sets and maintains productivity targets including tact times, labour productivity, 5S, housekeeping and maintains a safe working environment on the production line.
The production supervisor ensures timely and accurate communication with adjacent production lines, production planning, production management and engineering design.
• Setup, implementation, optimisation and delivery of production contracts
• Overseeing the production area housekeeping, 5S, Health and Safety and materials management
• Supervision and development of production cell leaders and production staff
• Optimisation and continues development of the work area, working practice
• Setting and delivering production output targets including labour efficiency and output
• Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
The role will require day-to-day liaison with internal contacts including production management, materials management, engineering design, other supervisors, cell leaders and production staff. Effective face to face communication skills are essential and ability to communicate in writing desirable.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
This role is ideally suited to hands on, organised, proactive and self-motivated individual with a systematic approach to organising and leading production resources.
Suitable candidates will have:
• Hands on Manufacturing experience ideally in Commercial Vehicle Conversion or Manufacturing
• Knowledge of and interest in developing lean manufacturing shop floor leadership skills
• Excellent day to day shop floor supervision and communication skills
• Ability to plan, track progress, report progress and ensure targets are met for output and quality
• Desire and track record of delivering results in a high pressure production environment
You will also have good communication skills, be able to use and update technical and production information and the ability to liaise on technical issues with both internal and external contacts.
Salary will be up to Up to £ 35000 plus benefits.
Please send your updated CV to email@example.com