ALISON Bond BSc MBBS24 Geek Street, Leyton, London E10 6NF
Tel: 0208556606; Mobile: 07760786008
A conscientious reliable and hardworking medical professional, pays attention to details, crusader of clinical governance, with excellent interpersonal and time management skills, seeking further training and experience in accident and emergency medicine while working towards a career in laparoscopic and bloodless surgery.
Medical School/University Attended
Qualification (s) Obtained
From – To
King’s College London
Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
28/08/06 – 21/06/2011
|King’s College London
Intercalated BSc, Medical Sciences (Hons)
20/09/08 - 15/06/09
|King Edward Grammar School Chelmsford
6 A* at GCSE O/L
23/09/99 - 10/06/05
Registered with the General Medical Council (GMC )UK. Full Registration number 607456666
Membership of Defence Union
Member, Medical Defence Union (MDU). Registration number: EA56666X.
|Name and Address of Employer
Grade and Specialty
From – To
|University Collgege Hospital London
PRHO General Surgery and Medicine(Under Professor Barter and Dr Collins)
04/08/11 – 02/02/12
|Broomfield Hospital Chelmsford
SHO Trauma and Orthopaedics (Under Mr Taylor)
04/02/12 – 02/08/12
Skills and Proficiencies
Able to recognize and give immediate and appropriate treatment in a wide range of Medical and Surgical conditions including:
- Myocardial infarction
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Pulmonary embolus and Sickle Cell Crisis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Acute asthma attack
- Severe exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Diabetic keto-acidosis
- Community and hospital acquired pneumonia
- Poisoning / overdose
- Acute abdomen, post-operative oliguria hypotension and post-op infections
- Urological emergencies such as pyelonephritis, renal colic, haematuria and urinary retention
- Orthopaedic injuries such as fractured neck of femur, ankle injuries, Salter Harris fractures, supracondylar fractures, Montaggae / Galazzae fractures, osteomylitis and septic arthritis.
I have experience conducting independent and consultant led ward rounds in a range of clinical settings.
I am proficient at the following procedures:
- Arterial and venous line insertion
- Central line insertion (internal jugular and femoral)
- Chest drain insertion
- Lumbar puncture
- Proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and banding of hemorrhoids
- Interpreting a range of plain films including Chest, Abdominal, Spine and Limb X-Rays.
Informal teaching of nursing and medical students by the bed side
- Conducted an audit on the cost effectiveness of pre-donated autologous blood transfusion six weeks pre-operative in patients undergoing knee and hip replacement studies at Broomfield Hospital over a one year period of June 2010 to May 2011.
- Found out that there were 38 percent reduction in hospital stay (p-value <0.001) as well as 19.9 percent reduction in post op wound infection (p-value <0.04).
- More frequent use was suggested, and a colleague would be re-auditing in three months time to close the audit loop and re-evaluate gains if any to the department.
1. Bond A. Role of Nebulised Adrenaline in the treatment of life threatening Anaphylaxis.
Clin Exp Allergy. 2012 Apr;06(4):043-103.
2. Bond A, Fisayo S, Burkle K. Meningococcal Meningitis - A Review.
Clin Immunol. 2010 Apr;03(4):503-13.
3. Bond A, Toby G. The Role of Mitochondrial Regeneration in Sexual Maturity .
International Journal of Science. 2010 Apr;03(01):104-13.
Was in charge of medical students’ hostel as the welfare secretary, Medical Students’ Association. I had to manage a group of six office staff attached to the medical students’ secretariat, motivating them for optimal performance, as well as the annual budget.
My short term goal is to undertake a six months training in accident and emergency medicine, which I strongly believe will be a bed rock on which a successful career in any acute specialty should be built.
This job will also help me towards meeting my training requirement towards completion of my basic surgical training.
I am committed to a career in bloodless and laparoscopic surgery. On completion of my higher surgical training, I hope to be actively involved in teaching and research into bloodless surgery in the UK.
My hobbies include:
I was most delighted to complete the London marathon last year, raising £22,425.00 for a charity organization
- Mountain walking with my wife and daughter
- Web design
- Medieval history and travelling
1. Professor A.K. Barter MS, PhD, FRCS
Consultant, Endocrine and Minimal Access Surgery
University Collgege Hospital London
2. Dr J.M Collins MRCP
Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist
University Collgege Hospital London
3. Mr D.Z Taylor MD FRCS (Ortho)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Broomfield Hospital Chelmsford
Telephone: 01245440761 Ext 3999
Surely this sample medical CV can be improved upon. Once the
format is understood and what content to include, you can vary and tweak the lay out to your taste
by choosing stunning templates from sites like Microsoft.
Microsoft CV templates are available as free downloads from Microsoft.com.
How To Write A Medical CV: Have Your Say!
Are you looking to write a medical CV? Or perhaps are a doctor who have actually written a killer medical CV and have some great ideas or points to share here? We would really love to hear from you. Please post your queries and comments on this subject here.
Sample Medical CV Related Links
You may find these sample medical CV related links useful.
Return To Home Page From Sample Medical CV Page