Technical Support Engineer - Maidenhead
by Chris Garinger
(Frisco, Texas, USA)
GENBAND is a global leader of Next Generation Network (NGN) solutions, helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world evolve communications networks through IP innovation.
The company offers the industry’s most comprehensive, standards-based switching portfolio, with products deployed in over two-thirds of the world’s 100 largest service provider networks. Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, GENBAND operates Centers of Excellence globally and serves customers and partners in more than 80 countries.
Technical Support is the primary point of contact for pre and post sales issues. Engineers work in a customer facing environment, directly and regularly interacting with engineers from customers within the region. The role includes all aspects of problem resolution from initial information gathering to analysis & resolution. In this role you will learn structured problem solving skills to effectively diagnose complex network issues.
• Management of customer issue reports (CASEs) from creation, through debugging to resolution
• Act as a champion of the customer within GENBAND
• Creation and execution of action plans in customer networks, to debug and resolve cases
• Interaction with product support/design, product management and account management for the resolution of specific issues
• Drive issue resolution within customer SLA requirements
• IP networking & UNIX skills.
• Telecoms protocol knowledge an advantage.
• Analytical & problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Telecoms or related Engineering discipline
Please contact Chris Garinger for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org)