UK Operations Manager - West Midlands - £40,000
by Carly Brown
Reporting to the Director Operations Business Unit, the Operations Manager shall be responsible for the day-to-day control of the Country’s Operations and the achievement of key business measures.
• Responsible for the delivery of the Country’s Operational performance ensuring that all personnel work in a professional, safe and efficient manner consistent with the local national legislation, Group standards and individual project requirements.
• Responsible for the successful achievement of the Country’s Operations Plan and BMI targets with specific focus on ensuring the optimum personnel are available including their efficient and economic utilisation (i.e. the right people available when required at the right place and time at the lowest cost).
• Work coherently with other departmental heads to assure a consolidated country management approach
• In conjunction with the Sales team deliver the required turnover for the relevant National areas
• Responsible for the management of Operational contracts ensuring that the clients expectations are professionally delivered by the Operations teams rigorous application of the required Group BMS standards in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Operations teams are suitably equipped with the appropriate tooling, equipment, and materials to meet the required and forecast customer needs.
• Provide prompt and effective reaction to internal and external audits that highlight any deviations from the required Group standards, ensuring the relevant Managers/Co-ordinators expediently identify and implement the required corrective actions.
• Assure the goal of being regarded as the best service provider through continually assessing the clients’ opinion of the ongoing g&p performance through customer satisfaction surveys, ensuring that the appropriate action is taken to address any adverse trends.
• Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement focussed on
customer service and development of our people thereby aiming to secure the objective of achieving one hundred percent repeat business.
• Ensure that all Client issues preventing invoicing or invoice payment are immediately reacted to in a prompt and effective manner to minimise any adverse impact on cash flow
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager, develop and maintain the Country’s Operations team ability to continually assess all competitor activities and to seek every opportunity to further develop the country’s business opportunities
• Through personal relationships with key and potential Customers’ Senior Management, gain an understanding of current ongoing business and the potential for future business expansion. Develop and implement the appropriate plans to fulfil these growth opportunities with the aim of full integration.
• Develop and manage an active HR Operations strategy (e.g. recruitment, appraisal, training, succession planning ), to ensure the Country has a vibrant and successful personal develop programme to meet future requirements in current and new areas, thereby encouraging the recruitment and retention of the best candidates to the Group.
• Work with Resource Partners to assure the ongoing provision of the right standard temporary employees required to meet the projected business requirements. Provide objective assessment of the various agencies to satisfy this need through ongoing review meetings and an evaluation programme.
• Responsible for the monitoring and controlling of operational expenses
• Rigorously maintain the required reportage to support the above activities and to ensure the appropriate Administrative records.
The jobholder will be based at the Country Head Office but is expected to spend time away from home including periods abroad occasionally at short notice as required to support the business needs.
Salary: Circa £40,000pa plus car and bonus