Accounting Jobs in the UK
What You Need and View Vacancies
Accounting jobs in the UK are in abundant supply. See vacancies
advertised across the country. It isn't a job reserved for only a select
few. See what qualifications and experience needed to practice this
highly sought after profession.
The Chartered Institute of Accountants in England & Wales alone have got over 130,000 qualified members registered with them, making it the single largest accounting body in the whole of Europe.
Over 90% of the over 4 million businesses in the UK will need the services of an accountant or accountancy provider of some sort at a point in time. So the scope to get UK job in accounting is massive. Don't delay. Make up your mind and train as an accountant, even if at entry level, or browse and apply for an accountancy job vacancy here if you are already a qualified accounting professional.
To be clear, accountancy jobs referred to here include, but are not limited to working as:
- Accountant (fully qualified)
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts General
- Accounting Technician
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Treasurer
- Credit Control
- Finance Manager
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Controller
- Financial Director
- Forensic Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Payroll jobs
- Purchase Ledger
- Sage Project Accountant
- Sales Ledger Clerk
- Tax Compliance
- Trainee Accountant
- Treasury Assistant
Which ever of the above specializations of accountancy you chose, you will need to start as an accountant or trainee accounts officer. What are the required qualifications for an accounting officer to be suitable for accounting jobs in the UK?
Accounting Job Requirements
Accountants and accounting assistants must
be persons who:
- Are Good with numbers (excellent numeracy skills)
- Confident, able to inspire trust in others at all times
- Proficient in the use of computers and basic
- Are able to provide leadership
- Pays attention to details and willing to meet
You must be a good communicator, able to
inspire confidence and engender trust.
To become an accountant or accounting professional, a minimum educational requirement exists,
depending on your sub-niche of interest.
- A good GCSE and A levels may be all you
require to work as an accounting assistant. A university degree in a related
field is an advantage.
- To practice as an Accounting Technician,
in addition to your GCSE, you will need to pass the NVQ in accounting from
level 2 to level 4, depending on level of responsibility you are wiling to
take. You could also register with the Association of Accounting Technicians in
the UK and complete the AAT Educational and Training Scheme examination.
- To work as a qualified accountant, you
will need an accounting degree or related course. Such training takes about
three years. You will then need to undertake the accounting professional
exams, to be registered with The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants,
or Institute of Financial Accountants, as the case may be.
Accountancy Job Description
The accountant job description will vary from firm to firm, but will generally include:
- Provide advise on costing matters and budgeting
- Prepare monthly or annual financial statements and balance sheet
- Taxation and advise on current tax legislation and how to minimize tax burden on the firm
- Liaise with company house from time to time to address issues pertaining the firm, ranging from company returns, end of year accounts, and changes to the company details with company house
- Prepare audit reports in conjunction with external or internal auditors where available
- Supervise payroll
- Provide lead to accounting clerks, and help resolve problems with data inputting if necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Accountancy Job Salary
Salary range for accounting professionals jobs vary tremendously.
- Accounting clerks in some London firms earn a starting salary of £25,000 per annum.
- If you are a fully qualified accountant, you could earn from £28,000 to £135,000 depending on seniority.
Added to advertised salaries are annual bonuses. These bonus could start from 5% of annual salary. Working in the city? Healthcare benefits and other company benefits could be thrown in too as perks of the job.
Accounting Jobs Vacancies
Browse and apply for the latest accounting jobs recently from across the UK.
Return To Home Page from Accounting Jobs Page