by Abhijit Tah
Location - London
Type - Contract (3 months rolling)
My Client is developing a Service Platform and Flash Portal for YouView that will be a ground-breaking new platform proposal backed by the BBC, ITV, BT, Five, Channel 4, Arquiva and Talk Talk which brings the benefits of internet connectivity to the television set and is the connected successor to Freeview and Freesat, the UK’s free to air broadcast TV platforms
You will be key to developing a fast, responsive, robust User Interface that will be used by an audience of millions.
Working together with Product and User Experience teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment you’ll be using Agile methods and techniques to develop and release quality software..
You’ll be working with bleeding edge hardware and software, with emerging requirements and focused deadlines.
You’ll be a great problem solver
You’ll actively engage with and work to improve defined development practices
You’ll contribute to the quality of what we produce by reviewing other team members' work
You’ll be writing scalable, maintainable code
• At least Five Years Flash development experience and strong ActionScript 3 skills
• A solid grounding in OOP
• An understanding of Design Patterns.
• Knowledge and experience of Unit, Integration and Acceptance Testing
• A Practical understanding of Memory Management and Performance Optimization
• Understanding of the internal workings of the Flash Player and Virtual Machine
• Experience of working with Web Services, e.g. XML, MRSS
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally, diagrammatically and in writing. UML an advantage
• Use of Source Control Management tools
• Knowledge and experience of Build Management and Continuous Integration
• Experience of developing optimised code for devices, ideally in the connected TV space.
• Linux Smarts
Job Type: Contract/ Temporary
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months rolling
Rate: £200.00 - £225.00 per Day
Name - Abhijit Tah
Mail id - email@example.com