Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Under Graduate - B.Sc – Computers
Industry Type: Digital / Software
Role: Java Developer
Functional Area: Application Programming
Desired Candidate Profile
Essential experience and technical skills:
• Experience developing high volume server-side applications in Java, J2EE
• Experience using data persistence technologies, in particular Hibernate and JDBC
• Experience working with Ehcache
• Proficient working with web frameworks including Spring, Struts and MVC
• Experience with JSP, JSTL, XSLT, XML
• Experience writing well-optimised SQL queries
• Experience writing JUnit tests
• Experience working with WSDL and RESTful web services
• Experience working with MySQL
• Experience using Windows and Linux Operating systems
Non-essential technical skills:
• Exposure to Agile and pair programming
• Experience configuring and maintaining Tomcat application servers
• Experience with Eclipse
• Passion for innovation with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Knowledge of systems/tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Balsamiq and Active Directory
• Excellent grasp of user experience, usability and best practice online
We seek to recruit a bright, experienced Java Developer to work from HQ based in Shoreditch, London. The role with involve working aside our Lead Java Developer on maintaining and extending the server-side application underpinning IAT’s
flagship product called the Rewards Platform.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of Developers, QA Engineers and Testers, Editorial, UX and design personnel. Following the opening of our near-shore Office you will also be responsible for facilitating the knowledge transfer of server-side projects and play a supportive role when dealing with any questions or conflicts. Travelling to our near-shore Office will be required from time-to-time.
Duties will include partaking in fortnightly development sprints, helping to scope and define user stories, researching open and third party technologies, integrating with partner web services for sourcing product data, extending schedulers for data aggregation, and working on other developments as part of IAT’s roadmap.
IAT is an innovative technology company with HQ based in Shoreditch, London. Although a start up, IAT has secured £10million funding, and developed a unique technology platform already being utilised by major UK publisher websites such as National Newspapers and publishing groups.
In order to accelerate developments throughout and course of 2011, IAT are in the midst of setting up a near-shore team, where both teams will work collaboratively in order to achieve what is an ambitious product roadmap.
Salary: £40-45k/annum neg
Please apply with your CV and statement of purpose to email@example.com