Reception / Guest Relation Officer.
by Thureya Ahmed
THUREYA AHMED DINN
P.O BOX 87610 Mombasa
Date of Birth : 2nd April, 1992
Gender : Female
Marital status : Single
Religion : Muslim
To experience and apply my professionalism towards the growth and Development of the industry and the whole Nation.
To work diligently in order to develop my professional skills and competencies as well as being more productive to my employer(s) and my fellow workmates.
Hardworking, honest and enthusiastic.
Nov 2010-April 2011: Pursued a Diploma in Front Office at SaireneTravel Operations College.
2010-Oct 2010: Certificate of Computer Studies at Today Computer Training centre.
Feb 2006-Nov 2009: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education at Star of the Sea High School.
1998-Nov 2005: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education at Ganjoni Primary School
Language Written Spoken
English Good Good
Kiswahili Good Good
4th Oct-8th Oct 2010: Certificate of completion in the participatory and experiential MAP training course at Mikindani centre of Hope.
July 2009: Certificate in First Aid Course for Brigade members at St Johns Ambulance Kenya.
22nd Jan –To Date: Training at Red Court Hotel in Front Office Department training in the following areas:
• Guest Relations
• Business Centre
2nd May-To Date: Working at The Boma Hotels in Front Office Department in the following areas:
1. Business Centre Attendant.
• Act as onsite contact for all assigned groups and Business Centre guests.
• Maintains detailed files, notes, records, and trace systems to ensure event meets with customer expectations.
• Ensures that public space needed is properly maintained and in good condition.
• Finalizes the program/agenda with client and checks all scheduled functions one hour prior to start time.
• Reviews event sheets and works with appropriate departments to ensure quality and satisfaction.
• Maintains positive guest and employee relations through prompt, precise, and courteous communication.
• Arranges for sending and receiving of packages.
• Print and distribute Daily Event Sheet, door signs and reader board signs.
• Fax and make copies for guests, along with other services of the Business Centre.
• Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
• Gathering information and ideas from clients and bring them to life.
• Other duties as assigned.
2. Telephone Operator/Switchboard:
• Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice
or incoming calls.
• Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
• Take and relay messages.
• Announce when visitors arrive.
• Relay important information.
• Handle emergency calls.
• Assist customers in making telephone calls.
• Research and advise on rates.
• Assist callers with other questions.
• Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
• Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
• Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
• Place a person-to-person call.
• Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
• Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
• Perform receptionist functions as needed.
• Handle all directory assistance queries.
• Meeting, greeting, and welcoming visitors
• Entering visitors details into the visitors log book
• Assist visitors fill out visitors pass, and issuing of visitors pass
• Assisting new employees as well as old ones in some cases with provision of ID badges, time sheet, rotas, photocopying, sending fax messages, posting notices and mail distribution
• Taking incoming telephone calls, dealing with such calls promptly in a professional manner, and re-directing appropriate calls to other individuals or departments within and outside the establishment
• General administrative duties including photocopying, invoicing, collecting cash and other forms of payments from customers if necessary, filing, booking and organizing board and or meeting rooms, ordering stationery, dispatching and accepting mails and couriers services (parcels)
• Ordering taxis for visitors
• Other specific duties that may be required of the receptionist by the employer.
Handling guest complaints
Nov 2009: Worked at Starway International Freight and Forwarders
Extra – curriculum activities
Involvement in Community Development
Participating in Muslim activities
Participating in co-curriculum activities
• Knowledge in Hospitality and Tourism industry.
• High level of integrity and self initiative.
• Ability to work for long hours with minimal supervision.
• Good Communication skill not only in English but also in Kiswahili.
• Team player, flexible and a versatile performer.
• Self driven and results oriented.
• Serious with assigned duties to perform..
Expeditions and Excursions
Making new friends
1. Mr. Mwachia
St John Ambulance
2. Mr. A.A Ahmed
Starways International Freights & Forwarders Limited.
3. Fatma Mohammed
Front Office Supervisor
The Boma Hotels