Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland,NZ
by Natasha Peters
(Auckland, New Zealand)
Syndicate Consulting, Auckland, New Zealand
We want to hear from individuals who are passionate about Geotechnical Engineering and have developed solid project management skills.
•An excited newly created role for 2011, based in the North Shore
•Benefits, career advancement, payment of professional fees IPENZ and potential shareholding opportunities
My client is a home grown multidisciplinary Consultancy with over 20 years experience in civil, geotechnical, environmental, structural and fire engineering.
They offer the opportunity of total involvement with plenty of variety, as you will oversee a range of projects from initial client contact through to completion.
You will be responsible for:
• Designing and supervising geotechnical site investigations
• Report preparation and contract documents based on your geotechnical analysis
• Liaising with clients to produce cost effective solutions
• Slope stability analysis and interpretation
• Domestic waste water resource consent investigations and reports
• Site work
• Supervision of geotechnical students
In order to be considered a suitable applicant for this position, you must have experience, capabilities, relevant qualifications and a good knowledge of the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical/Civil Engineering
• CPEng status or close to submitting your application
• Minimum of 4-6 years relevant work experience
• Solid experience in slope stability analysis and interpretation
• Exceptional report writing capability
• Thorough understanding of NZ Building Code and Standards
• Understanding of NZ Geotechnical Society Guidelines, NZS3604 and ARC Technical Publications
• CAD would be an advantage (AutoCAD)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
The successful candidate will join a dynamic Kiwi company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality services; initiative, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of these team members. My client is offering a very attractive salary package to ensure they attract the best industry talent.
For a confidential discussion contact Natasha Peters at Syndicate Consulting on 027 233 7392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.